TrueZIP 7.5.2 has been released. This version updates the dependency on commons-compress to version 1.4, which significantly improves reading and writing of TAR files. It also fixes authentication of WinZip AES files (see below) and a number of multithreading bugs in the TrueZIP Kernel when accessing nested archive files.
Following are the Release Notes as compiled by the project’s issue tracker at http://java.net/jira/browse/TRUEZIP. Note that this list is not complete, so upgrading is recommended for everybody.
- [TRUEZIP-244] – Only half of the authentication code is checked for WinZip AES encrypted files
- [TRUEZIP-245] – Wrong description in ZipEntry.toString()
- [TRUEZIP-246] – Key Prompting Cancellation not treated correctly for WinZip AES encryption
- [TRUEZIP-247] – FsMultiplexedOutputShop.storeBuffers may erratically remove a buffer if an exception gets thrown.
- [TRUEZIP-248] – FsResourceController.*.close() may produce racing conditions.
- [TRUEZIP-249] – de.schlichtherle.truezip.fs.archive.zip.ZipOutputShop.EntryOutputStream.close() may erratically close the current entry
- [TRUEZIP-250] – Wrong use of ThreadLocal may introduce memory leaks
- [TRUEZIP-251] – Update to Apache Commons Compress 1.4